Friday, August 19, 2011

Pregnancy

Once Kyle and I began this process of adoption, I really thought my feelings of jealousy and being envious of people who are pregnant would really start go away. Sadly, sometimes I feel those creeping back up, but then there are other times when I couldn't be more happy for people. It is such a weird feeling, but I feel like it's getting better day by day. I am hoping this stays true for the days to come...

As many of you know, I had surgery yesterday. I wasn't nervous going in at all, I just wanted to get it over with and move on. I was wheeled back to the surgical room and it was freezing, I started feeling woozy and was asleep until 5pm. My Dr. was wonderful, she is very sweet and explains things very well. We are very thankful for her and how easy she is to talk to. She explained to Kyle and my mom everything that she encountered during the surgery.

She went in to take care of 2 polyps, a cyst on my ovary, and to clean out a fallopian tube. She ended up finding 3 polyps that were the size of marbles, and she was able to take care of another polyp that was a pretty decent size. So in all she scraped out 4 polyps and said that I would just be one of those women who would grow polyps. She took care of the ovary and said it was healthy and we had plenty of eggs. I also had signs of endometriosis and she was pretty sure I would develop this as time goes on. My right tube was blocked and she wanted to flush that out, but that didn't happen at all. The tube will never be open, in fact it's somewhat of birth defect. The right tube is closed off completely.

At this point Kyle and I have decided that it will be fully a God thing if we get pregnant. We both want it badly of course, but we are so thankful that God has put this heart of adoption in both of us. We will both be parents in some way or another, and we can't wait for that time to come! :)

I'm still very sore today, and it's hard to get up and walk around, but Kyle is pushing me and I'm very thankful for that. I have about 4-5 punctures in my abdomen, so it's very sore. It's amazing how much you use your abdomen until there are punctures in it. Ouch!

We will be taking it very easy this weekend, and hoping I can be back to work on Monday. I was feeling very nauseous all day, so I had Kyle reschedule our fingerprints. I was really bummed, but I knew I couldn't make it. We rescheduled for Sept. Hopefully tomorrow I can finish our homestudy paperwork and feel like I did something this weekend.

Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers, and comments! They are all so appreciated! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment