Monday, August 8, 2011

Paperwork and Crafts

Well my once a week, didn't quite make it, but I was of course busy again last week. Not like the week before, but this weekend I went to Ohio to visit my amazing grandma with my mom. We went up to Lake Erie on Friday evening after I got off work. My mom and I talked and giggled almost the entire way up. Once we got into my grandmas, we stayed up until 12:30. Way past all of our bed times, but we had a great time catching up. Saturday and Sunday were just as wonderful, we made memories, laughed, cried, and talked about everything under the sun. I love the memories I have my grandma and I will hopefully never forget them. On Saturday at one point, she said, how fun is it going to be have a little kid running around here soon. :)

Of course the "soon" part isn't exactly a reality, but it will come more quickly than slowly I think. As I was finishing up our second application process through IAN (International Adoption Net) I had a couple questions, so I gave our placement coordinator a call. IAN has some amazing staff, and I never feel guilty giving them a call for a simple question. As we were talking, she was informing me that as soon as we send in our second application and we get our dossier, it could take as little as 6-8 weeks to get on the list. I was so surprised by this and so excited! We would still have to get some paper work through USCIS, that takes 8-10 weeks before we could get a referral, which is saying we have been matched with a baby, but the list for boys is 9 months and girls is 12. So we aren't too worried about not having that paperwork finished by the time we are added to list. As I said in an earlier post I thought this would take a couple months before we could get it finished and be on the list for a baby girl or boy age 0-24 months. So I was beyond excited to hear of this news.

Part of the dossier is our homestudy, so I have been filling out that paperwork as well, talk about overwhelming. :/ It will be worth it in the end for sure, but boy is it a lot of information!? Our homestudy will be done out of Indianapolis and they have to come to our house 3 times, at least one week apart. We have to get finger prints, background checks, and even CPS checks, it's a lot to do, but again will be so worth it. I'm going to try to schedule our fingerprints the day after my surgery, depending on how I feel. That way I have the day off already and it can be the one thing I do all day, and not have to take an extra day off.

Almost every night I have been working on paper work, asking Kyle, his family and my family a million questions.. thanks for being so sweet guys!! :) I have to pull myself away from the paperwork some nights, but then I go upstairs and lay in bed thinking about the paperwork and things that I could be doing to bring in a little extra money. This of course is an expensive process, and I love to do crafts and bake so I thought maybe if I do some of that on the side, it could help a little bit.

Here is what I like to do: make greeting cards, invitations, thank yous, or holiday cards. My mom is being really sweet and donating some cards and her time and resources to sell some cards as well. I recently got into making cake pops, it is very time consuming, but if I know enough in advance, it can be a pretty easy process. I have also been getting into knitting hats. I've mostly been making baby hats, but I have at least tried up to 3 sizes. My next goal is to try out scarves, so I can make some sets. I also made a couple of picture frame designs for some friends at work, but I have lots of paper and ideas I want to try out. Like for holidays, families, children's room.  Diaper cakes are also something I love to do. I don't have any pictures because my phone erased all my pictures, but they are really cute and easy.

If any of that sounds like something anyone would be interested in, just let me know and we could get in contact. I'm going to post some pictures at the bottom to give you some ideas of what I'm talking about. You can leave a comment, message me on facebook or email me at: mchaffee12@gmail.com

I'm finding this process to be fun and exciting, but also very tiring. Which I guess is a great lead up to what life will probably be like with a child :)









No comments:

Post a Comment