Sunday, October 23, 2011

We are Blessed

Well, I'm sure most of you know already from Facebook but just in case you don't know... we won our Ordinary Hero Grant Contest!!! So going to our agency just from the contest will be: $1,165!!! We could not have done it without you guys, we are so blessed by so many people who purchased something for themselves, or the kiddos over in Africa. Thank you thank you thank you!!! Just a side note, if you did purchase something and don't remember seeing my name anywhere, let me know! That way we can add it our account and you will get a nice thank you note from us :)You can still purchase items for yourself or for others at any time. Just make sure you click my Chaffee, Megan next to affiliate name under the drop box. Please excuse the time it has taken to get my Thank You's out, I'm wanting to make something super cute and use some creativity, because well lets be honest, I love to! From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!!! for all your help.

A week or so after we found out we won, I got a card in the mail from a friend in Kentucky. His wife had asked for our address and I didn't think much of it. I opened the sweetest note from my friend and his wife and a check they had felt called to give. We are forever grateful for this and their prayers. It is amazing to see how God works in and through people in times like these. I was practically in tears when I told Kyle, we were just in shock of how generous 2 people could be. So THANK YOU Grant and Jennifer!!!

Today is a great day: I have officially finished the classes and answered the questions of some classes we had to take before getting on the waiting list. Kyle I think is almost finished. We will email those and our preference list to our coordinator and we will officially be on the waiting list tomorrow! YAY!!!!! We are so excited :)

We had a great service at church today and it was all about faith. Our pastor gave us 5"steps" he thought were part of having faith in any given situation. He said, you won't go through every single one every time, but a lot of the times. Here are the 5 steps and some verses that really stuck out to me and made it clear in my heart and mind that we are following God's leading's and not our own.
Dream
Decision James 1:22  But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.
Delay  Habakkuk 2:3 But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day! (Could this be anymore true to adoptive parents going through this process?!)
Dead Ends
Deliverance
This message really spoke to Kyle and I with everything we are going through. We almost didn't go to church this morning, and man am I glad we did!!

This month we are going through a campaign at our church and everyday I get an email with a prayer and sometimes a verse. This mornings was amazing and I will leave on this note for you ;)

Define Or•phan
  1. a child who has lost both parents through death, or, less commonly, one parent.
Prayer
James 1:27 says, “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” Lord, may we be and become a church that practices a pure and faultless religion, in which we
look after the orphans and widows in our city and world. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. WOW...is God talking to you or what....you are following his word and your life WILL BE BLESSED! The minute you receive your little one or ones you will feel God in that room with you...it is simply amazing! What JOY you will feel in your heart when your family comes together...Gods way!!! I am so proud and amazed at the both of you and this Mimi can not wait to meet my new Grandchild...what a day that will be! Love you, Sandy,Mom and Mimi

    ReplyDelete