Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Stretched Thin...

Hi friends,

As many of you know I had surgery in August. I didn't particularly want this surgery, not because I was scared but because we knew we were planning to adopt and I knew how expensive this silly little surgery would be. We now almost every other day get a bill of some sort in the mail from this surgery. Now, if you have a kid and have bills from that, sure that's worth the money. If you have kids and have to pay for their medical bills, totally worth it, its your kiddo. But for me, personally to have a surgery that doesn't guarantee a pregnancy, that's not worth it. I wasn't going to die without this surgery. If they had guaranteed me a pregnancy or even planted a baby in there, sure that would have been worth it.

Now I sit here fretting and thinking about all these bills we have to pay on top of our adoption fees. Those adoption fees are totally worth it to me though... Giving a baby or two a home, this is going to be priceless. I wish I could tell all the Dr.'s and hospitals we will pay them when we feel like it. We have more important things to worry about it, our children. I'm going to give this one to God though, because right now I'm freaking out. I was just talking to my mother in law about this today and how we know God will provide and we just need to trust Him and believe that if He put this on our hearts it will happen. It's so easy to say and hear, but then seeing another bill, I lost it.

I'm going to do my best and replay our conversation over and over in my head and just pray, and try not to cry. That's really all I want to do right now too. I'm going to stay tough and believe that this is all in God's plan and He knows what He's doing even if we don't.

I feel like right now I am so stretched thin in being so busy with life... I need a break. We have been so busy these past few weekends, and I am looking forward to this weekend. We are watching our little 10 year old sisters and we are doing a craft for their room and the baby room. This will be so therapeutic for me this weekend, I cannot wait. These girls are awesome too, such big hearts, giggle at about everything their "bubby" does, and just like to hang out. :)  I'm hoping the next couple weekends will be the same too, just hanging out and doing some stuff around the house or whatever we want.

You guys are probably thinking, wow Megan you have another thing coming when you have a kid or two... your life will never stop. You guys are so true to think that, and I honestly cannot wait for those moments. Will I complain about being tired and want to scream, oh I'm sure... but those times will be priceless!

Thanks for all your support everyone!

Just a reminder that if you buy this week from Ordinary Hero, (under the name Chaffee, Megan) we will be in the running for a grant towards our adoption. We will get 40% of your purchase price and be in the running for first place. These can make some great Christmas presents, or just some tees for yourself or the family. :) ordinaryherostore.org

No comments:

Post a Comment