Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Storyweaver

I first want to say thank you for everyone who took the time to vote for me, shared my link, and encouraged me as I tried to win a trip to Rwanda with Noonday Collection. The contest isn't over yet, but I'm slowly slipping behind a few spots, and that's okay! I am honored how close I really got. At one point I was 33rd out of almost 400 women. I feel loved, truly!

One of my favorite parts of vacation is reading, finishing books, and starting new ones. I've had Tales of the Not Forgotten for awhile now. I have to be honest and say I didn't read it right away because we were waiting for Zola and it made me nervous. No idea why?! This book is amazing! It's by Beth Guckenberger. I've been lucky enough to hear her speak twice now. She speaks to my soul, verbally and written now.

I get upset when books are spoiled, so I won't say too much. What I do want to say though is, this book is about The Storyweaver. By the end of the book, you feel moved, excited, and ready to do something. As the Noonday contest is coming to a close it was a wonderful reminder that I don't have to go somewhere to do His work. I can find ways to help and serve. Maybe that's supporting a ministry, serving locally, or maybe one day there will be a trip away included. The Storyweaver didn't have this trip to Rwanda in my story, at least not yet. But, I entered, people shared, voted, etc and now more people know about the ministry of Noonday and my heart for Africa. Thank you Storyweaver for this opportunity to be used, even in the small paragraphs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment