Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June 7, 2013

This weekend marks the one year anniversary that we were told we could finally go to Ethiopia and meet Zola. Along with making her forever ours. I don't think I ever really went into detail about how it happened, and I know I didn't blog about our time in Ethiopia. As these big days are coming up, I wanted to write them down so I don't forget. I feel like I never could forget those moments, but I want to make sure Zola has them too.

Friday June 7, 2013 we were driving to some dear friends of ours wedding, in Kentucky. We were happy to be together, but quickly our conversation turned to when will we get our date? What is taking so long?
I usually did most of the calling, and this time Kyle called. I always felt like when he called, things got done. There was no news on the other end, but our caseworker said she would check on things. She called us back about 10 minutes later, and said "I hope you're ready to travel, you have to be in Ethiopian court by June 19."

That may seem like plenty of time, but they suggest you get there about 2 days before your court appointment, and you should arrive any day but Sunday so you can visit your child at your leisure. We immediately got off the phone and started looking into travel agencies. Did I mention we were going to Kentucky, and there was like no service anywhere! ;)

We pulled over, made the arrangements, and started calling family as soon as possible. I'm pretty sure we were smiling the rest of the trip that weekend. We talked about what it may be like to meet her, what the country would be like, and honestly how difficult it would be to leave, but I'll get to that.

The next week was a whirlwind as we packed, tried to finish up things at work, and then early Friday morning we were on our way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment