Friday, May 16, 2014

Number My Days

On the mornings that I work, on my way I usually listen to an Andy Stanley message. He is one of my all time favorite pastors, I love the way he teaches, he challenges me, and I love the mission of the church.

Wednesday I started a series called Breathing Room. This morning was all about Time. How do we create breathing room in our lives when it comes to time? What should I be adding and what should I be taking out of my schedule.

He told a story a woman who takes care of people who are terminally ill for the last 12 weeks of their lives. She said people's biggest regrets is not making time for things they had dreamed of. " I wish i had the courage to live a life full to myself, not what others expected from me." Funny how fitting that is for me right now. I am dreaming of winning this trip Rwanda, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "why would people vote for me to leave Zola?" "Who will help take care of Zola?" "Will Kyle be okay?" These are all things that I think other people will be thinking of. Some of them, I worry about. But, Kyle and I have talked and he is on board with the idea. I would miss Zola immensely, however I want her to see us taking risks, making our dreams come true, and watching us follow The Lords calling.

Even if I don't win, that's okay. I took the risk, I tried to pursue my dream right now, today! That's what God is asking, to make the most of our days. I truly believe that God has a plan and if this isn't trip He has planned for me, then another door will open. 

No comments:

Post a Comment