Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco de Mayo

For the past 5 years Kyle and I celebrate Cinco de Mayo in our own little way. It started out in Florida 5 years ago today, I made chicken enchiladas and that night he proposed on the beach, and I said "yes!"

Each year I make the same meal and we talk about that night and that special vacation we had together. Unfortunately I'm not with him this year to celebrate, but I still started thinking back on that day, that night, and that week. All that he was "signing up for."

It's amazing to see how much God has done in those 5 years. Kyle had no idea that he was asking to marry a woman who would never be able to have bio kids, or be in line for a lot of medical issues. I thank God he asked though, because I couldn't imagine doing all of it without him. When you're younger you have this vision and dream of what your married life will look like. When he asked, and I said yes, we had no idea what was really about to happen.

I like to think that even if he knew those things, he would have asked me anyway. I think that way, because never once has Kyle made me feel guilty, or less of a woman because of my infertility. We are actually thankful for it in many ways. He is always supporting me in anything I do, and we are following the story that God has written, instead of us.

Our lives have been forever changed by the things we have gone through at such a young age, and I can't speak for him, but I love it. I love being a younger couple who has adopted, a couple who will only experience children through adoption, a couple who has been to Africa together, a couple who have made through it a lot with God on our side. We stand up for each other, we balance each other, and we dream together.

These past 5 years I could have never imagined what was going to happen, and I can't wait to see what the next 5 will hold. Kyle, thanks for asking me to be your wife, your best friend, your cheerleader, and now the mother of your first child. We are blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment