Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Yes Girl into a No Girl

I'm a lot like my mom when it comes to making people happy. I will go out of my way to make sure people are content or happy if it's possible. I would consider myself a "yes" girl. I honestly, don't like to say no, but I've been realizing it is okay to say no sometimes.

Before Zola I could make plans pretty much whenever I wanted to. I would always consult Kyle first, but if I needed to do something in the evenings (especially) he could work. I loved being able to be dependable, and to have that flexibility. I never really thought too hard about being a yes girl until we brought Zola home. It has been an interesting transition to go down the road of no more often. I'm also learning that there are seasons to be able to say yes again, but the season to say yes isn't the one we are in right now. (and that's okay)

By no stretch of the imagination am I glad that I've turned into a no girl, but there are moments I wish I could say yes. However, that little girl can make me a no girl as long she wants. When Kyle gets home from work, our evenings begin. Dinner is being prepared, and we are ready to have some fun. Zola LOVES her daddy and so do I. After our night time routines are done and Zola is in bed, and I come down stairs, Kyle and I marvel at how much fun she is. We take in the moments, we laugh (hard, sometimes until we cry), we are astonished at the new things she had done that day, and we truly enjoy being home together.

Kyle and I both will say no to things so that we can enjoy those 2 hours with Zola and as a family. We may plan things later on after she's in bed every once in awhile, but we love to be home and we can tell Zola does too. She is such a blessing, and a constant reminder what family is all about. So as much as I'd like to say "yes" to a lot, I am becoming a "no" girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment