Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Get Ready for a Challenge

Good Morning Friends!

Well I said I would post again about something I want to challenge you all on. I'm not sure if you all remember last year when Kyle and I did the Ordinary Hero Grant Contest. I filled up Facebook about it, and you probably got far more emails than you were hoping for. Well, we won that contest and it helped a lot towards our adoption costs for our agency, and it was such a humbling experience for us to see all the people who stepped up and purchased something and helped us through our process.

There is a grant contest going on right now, and there will be another coming up in October. They have gotten a lot of new merchandise that is super cute, they have also added a lot new items to purchase for villages, kids, and families in need. This is where my challenge is going to come in.

I brought this idea up to Kyle and we talked about it, and want to encourage and challenge other people with it. So here it is: We want to challenge YOU and/or you FAMILY to purchase something for someone in need. We want you to start thinking about it, praying about it, and searching out what might be a possibility for you and your family. I also want to encourage you to reach out to others and go in on something if it is a more expensive item, how cool would that be?! Now, we are not saying don't buy anything for yourself or someone in your family as a gift or just because you want them to have it. We would love to see other people promoting Ordinary Hero and all that it stands for. :)

Maybe, you know someone in need at your church, and you could purchase them a shirt, or sweatshirt. Maybe, its someone across the world that you want to purchase a goat for and feed their family. There are so many people out in the world, and in our communities in need. So, I urge you to stretch your mind and your heart about this.

Again, this isn't until next month, and I will be posting about the dates when I find them out, but I just wanted to get you all thinking and praying. Last Christmas Kyle and I did this for his parents and his sister and brother-in-law. They didn't need anything, so instead we used that money we were going to spend on them, on someone else. We then presented them with a certificate I made up to show them what the money went towards. Maybe, this Christmas you want to open a new idea to your children and explain that not everyone in the world gets Christmas presents, or Christmas dinner, so you used some of the Christmas money for that. What a great thing to start early, and have your kids get excited about helping out a person or family in need. I know its October, but I'm sure its something you can talk to older kids about it, or if your kids are younger just wait closer to Christmas.

Thanks for listening to my challenge, and I can't wait to see what God does through all of this. It will not only help bring our little GIRL home, but I truly believe YOU will be touched through this experience. Have a wonderful day friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment