Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A minor Change

Hello Friends!!

I have been wanting to post for almost 2 weeks now, and have just been so busy. Again, I'm sure many people are laughing and thinking, "You think your life is busy now?!"

Well on that note, we have some news... Kyle and I have decided to go down to one child and we are waiting for a toddler girl. We said age 36 months or under, but we are willing to go up to 47 months. We will see how the timing goes, but we are pretty high up on the toddler girl list... like unofficially #2!!! :)

Now, I have to admit, I felt kind of bad about going to down to one child, and I was going to let people down because we said we were adopting 2. Kyle and I have had many conversations about this, and he more than myself has had reservations about bringing home 2 children at once since the beginning. Like I said Kyle and talked in depth about this topic and we want to be able to dote over our little girl, spoil her, and make sure she adjusts well here in the US. If we had a baby within that mix of a toddler, we often wondered if we would pay more attention to a baby because they need the attention, or if we would be a little bit of a house divided, trying to make it all work well. We want to keep our marriage strong and we like the idea of building our family a little more naturally, as in typically 1 child at  a time.

We would like to put in our paperwork shortly after we get our little girl home and go on the infant list and wait for whatever gender comes first, which will more than likely be a boy, but you never know! There is a certain amount of time that has to be between adoptions and we want to make sure she is well adjusted and making sure she has her place within our family.

This weekend we are going to get her bed and a possibly a dresser. Kyle and I are getting so excited about this next adventure! :)

I will be posting again this week, hopefully, about another Ordinary Hero Grant contest. It's going to be a bit more of a challenge this time go around, so we will see. :)

1 comment:

  1. How exciting for you guys! :) I cannot wait to see what you post next.

    ReplyDelete