Sunday, September 2, 2012

Companionship

Again, it's been awhile, but we are still in such the waiting game stage, that there isn't a ton to post about when it comes to the adoption. We are still in the process of updating our home study, but we are waiting for a little longer because of another opportunity. I unfortunately can't say anything about it at the moment, but as soon as I know more, I can let some other people know. :)

Today, Kyle is on his way to Kentucky to visit family and I'm really going to miss seeing all of them. I am in Kokomo visiting with my grandma and aunt who are in from Ohio. I won't be able to see them probably until January, just because the holidays get so crazy. So, we decided to both visit as much family as possible today.  I am away from Kyle daily because of work, but today as I was driving to Kokomo I started to realize how much I truly missed being with him. Now, I drive to Kokomo a lot by myself, but he is usually at work or something. I was thinking just how truly blessed I am to have the companionship of Kyle.

When I was growing up, all I wanted was to have children. I just wanted to be pregnant, and have kids. There were many times I honestly didn't think I would get married, but I knew I wanted to have children. Yes, yes I know... that shouldn't have been a thought without the thought of a husband. That's just how I was wired to be honest. Now, after all Kyle and I have gone through with the infertility and this whole adoption process, I could NOT imagine doing any of this without Kyle. We of course still want children so so much and we are so excited to build our family this way. But if for some reason we weren't able to build our family through adoption, then I would be happy just to be with Kyle. He makes everyday better. I know how much we love each other, have respect for each other, and just have so much fun together.

A lot of our conversations revolve around kids, whether it's our sisters, nephews, or friends. We love everything about kids and enjoy talking about kids. When we have these conversations I can just see how wonderful Kyle is going to be as a dad. He is a wonderful uncle and brother and friend, so I can't imagine what he is going to be like as a dad. I can't wait to go down this road of parenthood with my companion. :)

Happy day off tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Megan,
    Its your cousin Ben. I just happened to run into this little blog you have going. Anyways, I just wanted to say that you inspire me with your positive attitude ;) Love you.

    ReplyDelete