Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Fundraising for a Reason

When it comes to fundraising, it can be a tricky matter to manage through. Some people are on board with it, others I think struggle with the whole idea.

For our last adoption, I was new to it, and I felt excited most of the time. It was such a fun experience to see people from all over give in ways that I never imagined, it was such a blessing for us. Fast forward to this adoption, and I have felt a little more apprehensive to the idea. I was more nervous this time, but still a little excited. Once again though, we have been blessed and I am in awe.

Now that we have begun our fundraising, I am realizing more and more that it gives people and families to the opportunity to be part of this whole world of adoption. It is said more than once in the Bible to take care of the widows and the orphans. I stand by that command with all my heart and soul. It is important and we are all called to do it. I used to think we are called to adopt and if we did, there would be no more orphans. Honestly, most of that statement is true. If we were all to adopt, there would be no more orphans. But, then there is a reality. Unfortunately, we can't adopt every single orphan.

BUT, we can all be part of the change. That's why right now, as we are in the thick of fundraising I think of it as giving others an opportunity to be part of the change. God had written our story long ago, knowing our family would be built purely through adoption. God knew all the people that would be part of our story by either praying, making purchases, giving financially, or giving time and support. It has been such an honor to watch this story unfold.

The reality is, domestic adoption costs about the same as international. So, there is still fundraising to be done. There are women all over making purchases through Noonday Collection, so thank you to those of you who have purchased or hosted(ing) trunk shows.

As I turn 30 tomorrow! WHAT?! I have a good friend who is hosting an Usborne Book Fundraiser and she is so kindly donating her commission to our adoption funds!! My goal is for 30 people to make a purchase through Usborne, in honor of my 30th birthday and our adoption. It's the perfect time to stock up for Christmas gifts for kids, teens, or adults. You can check it out here 

Thank you everyone for your support, your love, and your time. We are so blessed to be on this journey again. We love being stretched and love watching God show up in the minor details and the major ones!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Megan!! I'm so blessed to have a friend as inspiring as you, and I'm happy that I'm able to hold this Usborne fundraiser for you!!

    ReplyDelete