Monday, February 9, 2015

Tangled

It turns out that Zola loves Disney movies, which is absolutely fine by me because I do too. If we let her, she would sit and watch movies all day long. Don't worry, we don't ;) Although she has a great imagination and loves to act out different characters.

For Christmas, Zola got Tangled. I had only seen the movie 2 times before we watched it with her on Christmas day. Thankfully, I didn't have my make up on yet when the ending came. Thankfully, I know to grab a tissue now if I'm around for the ending, because no matter what, I cry every single time.

The entire movie is about the "lost princess" Rapunzel. She doesn't even know that she has parents longing to have her in their arms. She has no idea that they have been thinking about her for so many years. She also has no idea how loved she is. Those ideas, every single one of them remind me of waiting for Zola. She was a baby, so she would never understand those ideas but oh my, we felt those daily as we waited for her.

That moment when the guard throws open the doors of the room that her mom and dad are in are like the moment we got our phone call saying we were matched. We had finally heard the news we were waiting for, our princess was chosen and found. Then, the moment they are racing down the halls to meet her are like the moments we were racing to get everything in order to meet her. At last, that moment they open the doors and see their daughters face and go to hug her, were like the moments we walked through those doors in Ethiopia to meet her. The moment of just staring in awe, because that is our daughter. The moment of embracing in a hug that was so long awaited.

But then, my feelings get all Tangled up. Mother Gothel actually stole Rapunzel and her role was terribly mean. However, she lost something she treasured even if it was for the wrong reasons. That's when I start to think about Zola's birth father and how he must have felt. I can't imagine he didn't treasure her and was deeply saddened to lose her, but for all the right reasons.

Then, to top it all off Flynn Rider was orphaned. He finally got to see what it meant to have a family when Rapunzel was embraced in her mom and dad's arms. Beautiful, just beautiful. Thank you Disney for making this momma cry every time she watches Tangled.

No comments:

Post a Comment