Monday, July 21, 2014

The Big 3-0!

Today is Kyle's 30th birthday! I'm sure he hates that I'm putting up pictures and blog posts about his birthday, because he doesn't love being the center of attention. However, there are times he just needs to be bragged on a little extra ;)

3 years ago on this exact date, we didn't get the news we were hoping from the fertility Dr. we were seeing. It wasn't a cut and dry, "You'll never get pregnant." But the list of things that were going against us was enough odds for us to know it wouldn't happen.

It didn't take long for me to start researching adoption agencies, as in, while I was resting on the couch that day, I was doing research. I emailed agencies, maybe even called a few. I told Kyle I wanted no part in the drugs, needles, procedures etc. and luckily he felt the same way.

The way God orchestrated that day was nothing short of a miracle. Because our appointment was on his birthday, and we didn't get "good" news, and because I may be a bit crazy to research that day, and because Kyle followed God's leading, we have Zola home today.

My heart is soaring with the fact that Kyle gets to celebrate a special birthday with his daughter. She brought us hope when we were hopeless in some of those dark days. Seeing Kyle in the role as father makes me love him even more than I did. Zola is one lucky lady to have him as her dad. He works hard for us, he is selfless, and his love is unconditional not only to Zola but to me too. He is quick to forgive, and would do absolutely anything for his family.

When I was growing up I never imagined my life to be this way, but then again I never thought I deserved a man quite like Kyle. He shows me how to be strong, and to be passionate about life. He keeps me grounded when I need it the most, and sticks up for me when I just can't. You should all be jealous you didn't marry him and get to watch him be daddy to Zola. Kyle, I love you! Thank you for supporting me through thick and thin, good and bad, and in sickness and in health. You have given truth to every one of our vows already. Happy Birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment