Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Somber Heart

October 15th is pregnancy loss awareness day. I've seen it here and there on my facebook newsfeed today, and it is such a sombering reminder what today is all about.

Kyle and I struggled with never becoming pregnant, and that was hard. The wait was hard, the negative tests were difficult, and seeing "everyone else" pregnant seemed to be the hardest. It is something we will never experience, but we have grieved that time in our lives. Many people have asked us about our story, and I have said more than once that God knew what He was doing and blessed us by that part of it. I cannot begin to fathom the feelings of losing a child I was carrying, or had just birthed.

I have actually thought about it often. I know miscarriages are "common" but just because they are common, doesn't mean they are any less painful. I'm sure there are many women I know that have had a miscarriage, or sadly more than one, but I cannot relate. I have no idea what they are feeling, all I can do is pray for them, and be a shoulder to cry on if they need it.

Thankfully isn't the right word when I think that I will never have to experience a miscarriage. There is a special bond between that baby and their mother. The mothers and fathers that have lost a baby will have an even bigger family in heaven. That is something I will not experience on this side or the other side of heaven. Am I thankful that God has spared Kyle and I of this type of loss, yes I am. However, there is a part of me that will never experience the joy of the mothers and fathers meeting their child(ren) for the first time in heaven. I can't think of a better place to meet someone.

Today, I am saddened for my family, friends, and acquaintances who have had this type of loss in their lives. I am also incredibly proud of and joyous for them, because someday, they will meet the rest of their family.


No comments:

Post a Comment