Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Inspired and Amazed by YOU

Hey all!! I've been trying to blog for the past couple days and everytime I tried it wouldn't work. I have been wanting to give an update on how amazing YOU all were for our Ordinary Hero Grant Contest! Our grand total earnings were $2526.29!!! That goes straight to our agency and into our pot for when we get matched and have to pay our agency fee! :)

So here were the grand totals of items that you purchased to help kids or families in need:

7 donation combos = 14 children got raincoats, and 7 kids got a blanket and water shoes!!
7 sheep = you fed 280 children!!!
3 Amarhic bibles = 3 kids and probably their families and friends can now hear the Word of God!
3 backpacks = 3 children don't have to carry their books to school anymore!
3 half sheep = you fed 60 children!!!
3 raincoats = 3 more children can stay dry when it rains!
1 donkey = you are helping a family survive so a woman can carry everything she needs to make money!!!!
3 aqua shoes = 3 more children don't have to walk around barefoot!
2 fleece blankets = 2 more kids can be warm at night!!!

I mean YOU are all seriously amazing!!! I love seeing how many children and families YOU helped provide essential needs for. God really put it on my heart to challenge others to purchase for others this year, and with that they will be helping bring our daughter home. That's exactly what YOU all did!!! :) 
 
I have to be prideful of our little sisters real quick here. Now, I know everyone sacrificed by giving, but our little sisters are 11 years old. They have the biggest hearts and I could cry right now thinking of what they did for us. So, my mother-in-law asked them if they wanted to give to this as part of their Christmas, and they were both on board. The girls asked how much their parents spend on them, and she told the girls. The girls each said they wanted to spend half of their Christmas money, each on buying something for someone else in need!! Half each of their Christmas's!! They looked through the website and chose a sheep and a pair of tennis shoes. Those are big compassionate hearts right there! They are 11 and still kids, but they understand there are children and families who don't have enough. Their parents have instilled that in them, and God has wired them that way and we couldn't be more proud. Again, I know and I appreciate everyone else that gave and gave above and beyond, but I just wanted to point out that childlike faith as a reminder. :) 
 
We still don't have a timeline, but Kyle and I have been praying to be matched by Christmas. We just think that would be the most wonderful Christmas present this year. God always works in His time, but He is also a God of miracles, so we can't wait to see what He does. Some days are harder than others and I become inpatient, but I have to remember that God didn't call us to adopt because it was easy. God reminds me of how hard it must be for our daughter who has no one right now. We pray every night that God will give her peace and a sense of comfort, because I can't begin to fathom how she must feel on a daily basis.  So, if you get a moment or you think about it, pray for our daughter and pray that we get matched soon so she knows that someone is coming after her to bring her home!! 
 
We love YOU all and we are so so BLESSED!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Megan,
    I seriously devote a large portion of my prayers every night for Kyle, you, and your baby girl. Jonah and I pray for many aspects of her life... her comfort, her sense of love, and for her to know her family is waiting patiently next door to us. We long for the day you tell us the news. Until then we wait and we pray so very hard. God's plan is great. I just can't wait for it all to unfold.
    Much love and comfort,
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete